Shathabisha is the 24th nakshatra in the series of 27 nakshatras given in the Vedic Astrology. Shatabhisha nakshatra is also known as the ‘veiling star,’ ‘The Hundred Stars,’ and ‘Fortunate Star of the King.’ The name translates to – Hundred Physicians, or Hundred Medicines, or Possessing a Hundred Healers.
It inhabits the Aquarius realm, and both Saturn and lunar node Rahu govern the nakshatra. A group of faint stars within Aquarius form the Shatabhisha nakshatra, and the brightest star of the group is Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii).
Quick Facts on the Nakshatra
Characteristics of people born Under Shatabhisha Nakshatra
The Shatabhisha nakshatra prominently displays its influence on various forms of aquatic lives. People born under Shatabhisha are independent, truthful, and are easily intrigued by puzzles.
The symbol of ’empty circle,’ represents the realm of Maya or illusion. It also indicates the native’s strength to explore unknown. They focus on exploring the hidden powers and facets of life. It makes them reclusive and prone to depression. But the star truly gives its natives the power of perception and ambition to reach beyond their capacities to achieve more.
Physical Characteristics :
- A man born under Shathabhisha will have a broad forehead, attractive eyes, prominent nose, and bulging abdomen.
- Women born under Shathabisha is tall, lean, and has chubby cheeks and prominent buttocks.
Behavioral Traits :
Among their many positive traits are
- Mysticism, spirituality, secretive vision, and healing comes naturally to Shathabhisha borns.
- Endowed with a keen sense of perception, the natives are hardworking and methodical.
- Ther sharp intuition saves them on more occasions than one, and they also use to safeguard their loved ones from harm.
- Simplicity and tradition are highly revered by the Shatabhisha borns.
- Rational and scientific approaches are as dear to them as philosophy, spiritualism, and celestial studies.
- Their sharp memory serves them to recount tales and makes them skilled writers.
- Bound by strong principles, they uphold justice and value equality.
- They are one of the few natives who can find peace with themselves as they prefer digging in deep to uncover secrets rather than explore the surfaces.
They are not without negative traits.
- As researchers to unknown, they often find themselves lonely.
- The habit of being truthful makes them blurt out things without caring for consequences.
- Lack of refined communication is one of their many negative traits. It also ends them up in problematic relationships
- Hiding their genuine emotions and bottling them up drives the natives to depression.
- They are stubborn, argumentative, and reserved. They are mostly closed-book who do not open to people since they dislike showing their vulnerabilities.
Based on instinctive compatibility, Ashwini nakshatra is most compatible with the Shatabhisha. The natives are also compatible with Rohini, Mrigashira, Purvashaada, and Shravana nakshatra borns. According to the principles of Veda Dosha, the native are incompatible with Swathi, and Hasta borns.
Shatabhisha Nakshatra quarters
Vedic astrology divides the Shatabhisha nakshatra range into four quarters or padas representing the star’s position concerning the earth’s movement. Each quarter represents a prominent trait of the person born in it carries.
First Pada :
Range : 306°40′ – 310°00′ in Aquarius
Navamsa sign: Sagittarius
Characteristic : Enthusiasm
Second Pada :
Range : 310°00′ – 313°20′ in Aquarius
Navamsa sign : Capricorn
Soul Sound : Sa (Saa)
Third Pada :
Range: 313°20′ – 316°40′ in Aquarius
Navamsa sign: Aquarius
Soul Sound: Si (See)
Characteristic : Forward-thinking
Fourth Pada :
Range : 316°40′ – 320°00′ in Aquarius
Navamsa sign : Pisces
Soul Sound: Su (Soo)
Characteristic : Imagination
Men born under Shathabhisha stand by their principles. They are religious and follow all the rituals strictly. As a sensitive person, he is quick to temper and quick to show empathy. Wealth and knowledge are plenty with him, but he will never show off. As a down-to-earth person, he will generally be liked by all.
Professionally he will face grueling times till he is 34, after which he will see steady growth. As for family, he will receive abundant love from his mother. He will have a rough time tiding over his relationships with brothers (if any), fathers, and wife. Because of weak immunity, he will continuously have issues with health.
Usually calm, Shathabhisha women have a fierce temper when provoked. Like her male counterpart, she is religious and god-fearing. She possesses an excellent memory and is inclined towards scientific studies.
Familial life will be disturbed as it seems like she gets into family quarrels often. Though she will be devoted to her husband, she is in for lengthy periods of separation or early widowhood. Health also leans towards the negative side, as she will usually have urinary or uterus disorders.
Consult our astrologers today, to know what lies in your horoscope. They will guide you to lead a better life. After all, preparing for the curves ahead is the best way to lead a satisfying life experience.