Of the 27 Nakshatras prevalent in Vedic Indian astrology and astronomical studies, Ashwini Nakshatra is the first. The star ranges from 0-00′ – 13-20′ in Aries constellation.
The ruling deity in the Vedic astrology is the physician twins Ashwini Kumaras. They carry immense healing energies almost similar to that of Dhanwantri.
The symbol for the star is the horse’s head. The symbol denotes the meaning of the name. Ashwini means born of a horse or horsewoman. It also symbolizes people born under this star are quick and sturdy like an untamed horse.
They do not beat around the bush and arrive straight to the point without implying to waste others and their time.
Quick Facts on the Nakshatra
Characteristics of people born under Ashwini Nakshatra
Each star mentioned in the 27 nakshatra’s has certain qualities that they pass on to people born under them. Though not specific, one can broadly specify a few general characteristics.
Physical characteristics :
- The natives are good looking and charming.
- The twins bless people born under the star sign with youthful energy and ageless presence
- Captivating eyes and slightly broader forehead defines the face.
Behavioural Characteristics :
Among their many positive traits are
- Natives of the star sign are initiators
- People favoured by the star believe in converting ideas into action. They are action-oriented and find joy in the results when successful.
- They are spontaneous, lively, intelligent, and have a great sense of humour
- They are also courageous and decision-makers.
- They love their freedom of expression and thoughts.
- Child-like innocence and inclinations such as curiosity and wonder fill people native to the star sign.
- Intuition is second nature to people with Ashwini Nakshatra as their star sign.
- Natural healing tendencies seep into their character with the ruler being the famous twin-physicians themselves
They are not without negative traits.
- Arrogance, aggressiveness, impulsive, and stubborn behaviours mark the negative traits of the natives
- They are also not planners and are susceptible to failures
- The natives often get lost in revenge and are hot-headed.
- Keeping them glued to the same thing for long is not possible, as their interests in materialistic things keep changing
- Though they are starters, they are not finishers. And even when they finish, more than often their hastiness compromises the quality.
- The natives do not possess open-mind and firmly insist on doing things their way.
Each nakshatra is represented by an animal. So there are animals that do not get along well with each other such as cat and dog, or cat and mouse. Applying the logic, natives of Ashwini Nakshatra are most compatible with natives of Shatabhisha nakshatra. On the contrary, natives of Hasta and Swati are incompatible with natives of Ashwini nakshatra.
Ashwini Nakshatra Quarters
Each nakshatra has 4 quarters that represent the position of the star concerning the movement of the earth. So, they divide the degrees of the Ashwini nakshatra into 4 quarters or pada’s.
First Pada :
Range : 00°00′ – 03°20′ in Aries
Governing planet : Mars
Navamsa sign : Aries
Sound : Chu
Characteristic : Driven
Second Pada :
Range : 03°20′- 06°40′ in Aries
Governing planet : Venus
Navamsa sign : Taurus
Soul Sound : Che
Characteristic : Luxury, Practical
Third Pada :
Range : 06°40′ – 10°00′ in Aries
Governing planet : Mercury
Navamsa sign : Gemini
Soul Sound : Cho
Characteristic : Sharp Mind
Fourth Pada :
Range : 10°00′ – 13°20′ in Aries
Governing planet : Moon
Navamsa sign : Cancer
Soul Sound : La
Characteristic : Empathetic, Compassionate
Man’s Characteristics :
A man under the star sign is handsome with bright eyes. He is a family man and loved immensely by both family and friends. His patience while facing challenges is the envy of others. But when does lose his cool things go haywire and his temper cannot be easily controlled. He is the best friend, philosopher, and guide once can have in their lives. The love for art, music heals his soul and nurtures his mind.
A woman born under Ashwini Nakshatra is a sweet talker. She can talk her way out of any situation. Her enchanting eyes with talks attract people of the opposite sex to her quickly. Keeping tradition alive while leading a modern life is the focus of her life. She is a devoted worker and loves taking care of people both at home and office. Her ability to handle finances is excellent and will live a comfortable retired life.
To know more about the effect of planets in your horoscope, consult our astrologers today. They will be able to guide you and help you lead a better life. After all, preparing for the curves ahead is the best way to lead a satisfying life experience.