Ashlesha is the ninth nakshatra in the series. It is also known as the naga and Clinging star. The constellation of five stars – Epsilon, Delta, Mu, Rho, Sigma, and Zeta-Hydrae forms Ashlesha. The star is located close to the sun.
People born under the star exude substantial negativity, despite the forcefulness and power of the Ashlesha nakshatra.
Quick Facts on the Nakshatra
Characteristics of people born under Ashlesha Nakshatra
The star is ruled by the Nagas, serpent deities of wisdom. The symbol also signifies Kundalini energy. The snake symbol represents poison and deception predominantly. But it is also a symbol of intuition, insight, and sexuality. The natives of Ashlesha are challenging grasp as they are mysterious and suspicious. Those born under can not tolerate hunger, of any kind. Ashlesha is also a star of transformation and healing energy.
Pushya is the most favorable nakshatra for spiritual pursuits. The natives are dependable, generous, calm, and protective.
Physical Characteristics :
As in other instances, usually, people born under Ashlesha will not have prominent features, unless mars associates with the nakshatra.
Behavioral Traits :
Among their many positive traits are
- People born under this star are keen observers.
- They can sense danger quickly.
- Though they do not display affection often, they are protective toward family and friends.
- Entertaining comes automatically to them and are excellent orators.
- When motivated and guided correctly, they have it in them to achieve greatness.
- They are nomads at heart and become master of all trades.
- The natives are sharp, smart, independent, and versatile.
- Once they take an interest in a topic, the focus they achieve towards mastering the same is astounding.
They are not without negative traits.
- Though they can draw crowds, they lack social skills and are tactless.
- They are often viewed as deceptive and insensitive.
- Respect for rules is something they are devoid of.
- Selfishness and self-preservation are their fundamental nature.
- Often ungrateful, they can be impolite to people who have helped them need.
- Depression envelops the natives of the star if they do not find the right person to guide them.
- Compared to natives of other stars, people born under the Ashlesha nakshatra veer off to the wrong path more easily.
- They are reclusive, unappreciative, blunt, and detached from the world.
Going by the norms of ‘yoni kuta,’ Ashlesha Nakshatra is most compatible with Punarvasu nakshatra. Cat has an instinctive affinity to hare, mongoose, and monkey. This makes Ashlesha compatible with stars such as Anuradha, Shravana, Jyeshta, Purva Ashadha, and Uttara Ashada.
Cat’s instinctive hostility to rats accounts for Ashlesa’s non-compatibility to Magha and Purvaphalguni birth stars.
Ashlesha Nakshatra quarters
Each nakshatra has 4 quarters that represent the position of the star concerning the movement of the earth. So, astrologers divide the degrees of the Ashlesha nakshatra into 4 quarters or padas.
First Pada :
Range : 106° 40′ to 110° 00′ in Cancer
Governing planet: Jupiter
Navamsa sign: Sagittarius
Characteristic : Industrious
Second Pada :
Range : 110° 00′ to 113° 20′ in Cancer
Governing planet: Saturn
Navamsa sign : Capricorn
Soul Sound : Doo
Third Pada :
Range: 113° 20′ to 116° 40′ in Cancer
Governing planet: Saturn
Navamsa sign: Aquarius
Soul Sound: Day
Characteristic : Luxury
Fourth Pada :
Range : 116° 40′ to 120° 00′ in Cancer
Governing planet : Jupiter
Navamsa sign : Pisces
Soul Sound: Doh
Characteristic : Illusive
Men born under Ashlesha nakshatra are selfish and don’t give second thoughts about family or friends. His craftiness and oratory skills will help him climb corporate ladders successfully. Though when it comes to profession, he will make a good businessman or a politician. Despite drawbacks, his positive traits are, he does not discriminate between people and is always a good leader. Health will tend to be slightly on the bad side most of his life unless other planets balance the effects.
Women with Ashlesha nakshatra have a commanding presence. Her always alert mind helps her win arguments with a few right words. She cares for her family and friends and is very protective of them.
The right education can take her place in the corporate world. Devoid of it, she will surely make her mark in the field of agriculture. Her married life will be pleasant as long as she understands people around her and keeps their negativity at check. Her health is usually shaky with bouts of a minor illness, but nothing major will come her way.
Consult our astrologers today, to know what lies in your horoscope. They will guide you and help you lead a better life. After all, preparing for the curves ahead is the best way to lead a satisfying life experience.