Ashtalakshmi Set Golu Bommai Dasara Dolls
Golu is the festival of dolls and figurines in South India, uniquely during the time of Dasara/Navratri of Hinduism. These displays are specialized for narrating a legend from a Hindu text or a secular cultural issue.
Ashtalakshmi is a group of eight manifestations of Devi Lakshmi, The Hindu Goddess of Wealth. She presides over eight sources of wealth which are prosperity, fertility, good fortune or good luck, good health, knowledge, strength, progeny, and power. The 8 forms of Lakshmi are as follows:
1. ADI / MAHA LAKSHMI – She is an ancient form of Lakshmi.
2. DHANA LAKSHMI – She is the Goddess of Wealth.
3. DANYA LAKSHMI – She is the Goddess of agricultural wealth.
4. GAJA LAKSHMI – She is the giver of animal wealth or the giver of power of royalty.
5. SANTANA LAKSHMI – She is the Goddess of bestowing offspring.
6. VEERA / DHAIRYA LAKSHMI – She is the Goddess who bestows valor during battles and courage plus strength for overcoming difficulties in life.
7. JAYA / VIJAYA LAKSHMI – She is the Goddess and the giver of victory, not only in battles but also for conquering hurdles to achieve success. 8. VIDHYA LAKSHMI – She is the goddess and the bestower of knowledge of arts and sciences.
This Dussehra Golu Doll set is most commonly used in temples and home for Golu doll decorations. This set is beautifully made up of mud and clay. The artisans have used bright and glossy colors to give it an elegant and traditional look. These doll sets are fully handmade and are eco-friendly.
Care instructions for Ashtalakshmi Set Golu Bommai Dasara Dolls
- Gently dust the dolls with a soft cloth or feather duster.
- Avoid using any harsh chemicals or cleaners, as this can damage the dolls.
- Keep the dolls away from direct sunlight and moisture, as this can cause them to fade or crack.
- If the dolls become dusty or dirty, you can gently wipe them down with a damp cloth.