There are total twenty-seven Nakshatras for twelve Rashi, and we birth under the Rashi, Nakshatra. The one Rashi has four Nakshatra Padams. We birth mostly depend on the Nakshatra. Everyone's life is commanded by the Nakshatra and Rashi. Each Nakshatra covers thirteen degrees within every twenty minutes. If anyone births in the evil nakshatra of Aswini, Aridra, Ashlesha, Magha, Jyeshta, Moola, and Revathi, they should perform Japa under the name of nakshatra deity. Nakshatra Japa is performed to supplicate the God who rules the nakshatra of the person, then mantras are chanted of that God as per the Shastra Vidhan/procedure. According to Vedic astrology, Janma nakshatra neutralizes the malefic effects of the planets, and the Janma Nakshatra means a birth star.
Religious Significance of the Nakshatra Japa
After performing the Japa provides happiness, free from the obstacles, education, financial development, physical issue, and spiritual life. So the planet god and nakshatra god get together will be fine to lead a better life. Nakshatra Japa will neutralize the malefic effects of the planets. By doing this Japa, one will get the blessings from God, to remove the negative effects caused by the nakshatra.
When Nakshatra Japa Can be Performed
The Nakshatra Japa is done as per the astrologer’s advice in one’s life. When the planet god and nakshatra god are in unfavorable places of the birth chart during that time you must have to perform the Nakshatra Japa. The planet god and nakshatra god joins separately, the Japa can be performed depending on the birth star, Horoscope and Tithi.
Advantages of Performing the Nakshatra Japa
- Japa gives benefit to your life happiness, removes illness, prolong disorder.
- It removes obstacles, increases knowledge, and finance.
- While taking the Japa of nakshatra, it removes all doshas.
- This Japa gives longevity life, reduces physical disorder.
Nakshatra Japa FAQ'S
What is Nakshatra Japa?
Nakshatra Japa is performed to appease the Twenty seven stars with the mantras chanting and it invokes all the deities.
Why Nakshatra Japa is performed?
The Japa can perform to all Nakshatra’s as per the astrology when the Nakshatra is positioned in Bad influence as well as to get rid of the obstacles.
What are the benefits of the Japa?
- Get a blessing from the deity.
- Removes past sins from your life.
- Restrict the evil spirit.
When we can perform the Japa?
Any auspicious day or the day can be fixed as per the performer’s birth star, Tithi and time.
Can I celebrate Nakshatra Japa at home?
No, Home is not optional to do the Japa and Japa should be performed in Temples.
Is it true? The nakshatra’s governed Rashi’s?
Yes, based on the birth time the nakshatra or star rule Rashis.
Sankalpam( The Testimony of The Vedic Vidhi)
The word Sankalpam indicates the Vedic astrology of Panchang, place, time, day, Tithi, Nakshatra, Yogam, and Karanam. These are recited to the three trinities of Bhrama, Vishnu, and Shiva. The Vedic Vidhi recites for the current Vedic year and the Vedic name of the subcontinent and other significant elements. At the end of the Sankalpa needs family members Name, Gotra, Zodiac sign, Birth star to recite as a part of the puja and to get the blessings from the Lord Maha Ganapati, Navagrahas, family deity (kula devata), Grama devata and Ishta devata (favorite god one’s choice). So the first procedure is to invoke blessings from the deity.
The Ganapati puja is considered as an auspicious for all the ceremonies while starting the puja. By doing Ganapathi puja, you will get free from obstacles, hurdles in life. It acquires materialistic, spirituality in life.
16 common offerings to the Deity during worship
Dhyana – Meditating
Aavaahana – Inviting the deity into the altar.
Asana – Giving a seat to the deity
Paadya – Washing the deity’s feet with pure water.
Arghya – to wash hands and mouth.
Aachamana – Offering drinking water to the Deity.
Snaana – Bath the deity idol with turmeric water, milk, curd, sugar, water.
Vasthra – Offering Clothes to the deity
Yagnopaveetha – Offering the thread to wear from his right shoulder
Gandha – apply sandalwood paste(mixed with water) on the forehead and shoulders to the deity
Pushpa – Offering fresh flowers while chanting the deity’s names.
Dhoop – Spreading fragrance to the altar.
Deepa –offering a Diya to illuminate the surrounding decorated deity.
Naivedya – offering food to the deity.
Taambula – Offering betel nut and leaves with fruits.
Harathi - offering Harathi by lighting camphor
The word Punya Vachanam gives clarity of the clean ritual by invoking the blessings from the Lord Varuna (the lord of water) along with sacred rivers of the country namely Ganga, Yamuna, Saraswati, Narmada, Sindhu, and Cavery. The tirtha mantras are recited where the Punya Vachanam is performed, and their all the five elements are,
Jal - water
Vayu - air
Prithvi - earth
Agni - fire
Akasha - sky or space
By the chanting of Vedic mantras related to Lord Varuna, the place will be purified, where the positive energy is being retained in the pot and Punyavachana can be performed.
- Navagrahas are nine planets and each planet governs a specific element (five elements) in the life cycle, so the certain specified planetary combinations in the horoscope give both malefic effects and good effects.
- The beneficial effects are taken into consideration of the particular planet individually and also in their combination, generally to rectify or to neutralize the evil effect of the planets. During Navagraha puja chanting of mantras is replaced continuously.
- To remove the malefic effects of the planets this Navagraha puja can be performed. During this puja one will get blessings from Adidevata (subordinate lord of the planet), ‘Prathana Devata’ (main deity of the planet).
The Kalasa puja can be done with the help of a copper vessel. Place the Kalasa, fill it with water, a coin and nine types of grains. In red cloth, one can tie the coconut. Then, coconut is placed on the top of Kalasa with mango leaves. By doing this procedure, Kalasa puja can be finished.
- The total twenty-seven Nakshatra for twelve Rashi, and we birth under the Rashi and Nakshatra. The one Rashi has four Nakshatra Padam. We birth mostly depend on the Nakshatra. Each Nakshatra covers thirteen degrees within every twenty minutes. Occupies one Zodiac sign and if anyone birth evil nakshatra of Aswini, arudra, ashlesha, Magha, Jyeshta, moola, and Revathi. Performing Nakshatra Japa reduces the malefic doshas from the birth chart.
- Brahmana Bojanam along with Dakshana and should provide clothes.
- Japa should be done for 40 days or it can complete in longer or shorter duration under the guidance of Vedic purohit ranging from 4 to 10 numbers.
- Generally, Nakshatra Japa is done depending on the combination of planets or locum of Graha. It can increase or dwindle as per the astrological combination of Horoscope
- Japa for Navagrahas is performed along with their Adidevata and pradhnadevata as per the planetary numbers as mentioned in the Vedic text.
7.Punarvasu (punar pusam)
11.Puram (Purva phalguni)
12.Uttram (Uttara phalguni)
21.Purva sahadha (puradam)
25.Purva Bhadrapada (purattadi)
26.Uttara Bhadrapada (uttrattadhi)
- Pandit suggested to do Nakshatra Jap in the temple and it is compulsory to do puja in the very consecrated spaces of Swayambhu temples to yield good results. We are very happy with the puja services and the dedication to work from pujaNpujari. Such a traditional pujas I have never seen with great dedication. Thanks for your services.Pavan Kumar Aug 28, 2020
Puja performance rating
5 / 5
- For puja every item your peoples only taken. puja also low priced,i am very much impressed.jash bikram mohapatra Jun 17, 2019
Puja performance rating
5 / 5