An incarnation of Lord Satyanarayana / Vishnu, Dhanvantri is believed to be the Father of medicine as per Hindu scriptures and the founder of Ayurveda. He is worshiped to end the ailments in physical and mental forms. This Dhanvantri Homam is performed to invoke the lord Dhanvantri.
When Dhanvantari Pooja Can be Performed
This Pooja is performed on the Ashtami day (of Navaratri), Dhanteras day, but it can also perform as per the position of the stars and planets according to one’s birth chart. This Pooja can be performed on Mondays too. Ekadasi days also considered auspicious to perform this puja.
Religious Significance of Dhanvantari Pooja
- Dhanvantari is considered to the first physician, doctor and is renowned as God of health and immortality.
- Dhanvantari Pooja is conducted to terminate physical and mental problems and to recover from a chronic illness affecting an individual for long.
- Dhanvantari Homam is very effective and highly recommended for those people who are aching from serious or dangerous illness and there is no way of healing that illness.
- According to Srimad Bhagavatham, by the grace of deity Dhanvantari not only the diseases of body and mind cured, but also the soul is alleviating the continual repetition of birth and death.
Advantages of Performing Dhanvantari Pooja
- Increases one’s life span and restores good health.
- It negates evil energy and brings prosperity.
- The main advantage of performing Dhanvantari Homam is to get rid of any sorts of incurable diseases.
- Conducting this Homam once in a year helps an individual to have a long and healthy life.
- It acts as a solution to all health problems.
- This Homam is required for frequent medical problems and to avoid any further health problems in the future to live a long healthy life.
Dhanvantri Homa FAQ'S
Who is Lord Dhanvantari?
Dhanvantari is a form of Lord Vishnu. He is the deity of medicine. According to Hindu Puranas, he is known as Ayurveda god.
Why we can perform Dhanvantari Homa?
Dhanvantari Homam is performed to get the relief from any kinds of several health problems, to get a healthy and long life.
When Dhanvantari Homam can be performed?
The Dhanvantari Homam is performed on the Ashtami day, Dhantaras day, Mondays, and Ekadasi days. These days are considered auspicious to perform this Homa.
When national Ayurveda day is celebrated?
On the day of Dhanvantari Jayanthi, the national Ayurveda day is celebrated. Lord Dhanvantari is considered as a sacred propagator of Ayurveda.
Dhanvantri is the god of Ayurveda, according to Hinduism, dhanvantri is an embodiment of Lord Vishnu. He is a physician among the Gods, also known as celestial doctor. This Homam is performed to get the blessing from the Lord Dhanvantri. Dhanvantri Homam(fire ritual) is performed with 108 Ayurveda medicine and is offered to the sacred fire while performing Homam. By doing this, one will get free from the physical problem and prolong the disease. This ceremony performs on Ekadashi with auspicious time.
Sankalpam( The Testimony of The Vedic Vidhi)
The word Sankalpam indicates the Vedic astrology of Panchang, place, time, day, Tithi, Nakshatra, Yogam, and Karanam. These are recited to the three trinities of Bhrama, Vishnu, and Shiva. The Vedic Vidhi recites for the current Vedic year and the Vedic name of the subcontinent and other significant elements. At the end of the Sankalpa needs family members Name, Gotra, Zodiac sign, Birth star to recite as a part of the puja and to get the blessings from the Lord Maha Ganapati, Navagrahas, family deity (kula devata), Grama devata and Ishta devata (favorite god one’s choice). So the first procedure is to invoke blessings from the deity.
The word Punya Vachanam gives clarity of the clean ritual by invoking the blessings from the Lord Varuna (the lord of water) along with sacred rivers of the country namely Ganga, Yamuna, Saraswati, Narmada, Sindhu, and Cavery. The tirtha mantras recited where the Punya Vachanams performed, and their all the five elements are,
Jal - water
Vayu - air
Prithvi - earth
Agni - fire
Akasha - sky or space
By the chanting of Vedic mantras related to Lord Varuna, the place will be purified, where the positive energy is being retained in the pot and Punyavachana can be performed.
The Kalasha puja can be done with the help of a copper vessel. Place the Kalasha, fill it with water, a coin and nine types of grains. In red cloth, one can tie the coconut. Then, coconut is placed on the top of Kalash with mango leaves. By doing this procedure Kalasha puja can be finished.
16 common offerings to the Deity during worship
Dhyana – Meditating
Aavaahana – Inviting the deity into the altar.
Asana – Giving a seat to the deity
Paadya – Washing the deity’s feet with pure water.
Arghya – to wash hands and mouth.
Aachamana – Offering drinking water to the Deity.
Snaana – Bath the deity idol with turmeric water, milk, curd, sugar, water.
Vasthra – Offering Clothes to the deity
Yagnopaveetha – Offering the thread to wear from his right shoulder
Gandha – apply sandalwood paste(mixed with water) on the forehead and shoulders to the deity
Pushpa – Offering fresh flowers while chanting the deity’s names.
Dhoop – Spreading fragrance to the altar.
Deepa –offering a Diya to illuminate the surrounding decorated deity.
Naivedya – offering food to the deity.
Taambula – Offering betel nut and leaves with fruits.
Harathi - offering Harathi by lighting camphor
Purohit does puja to the Deity with Ashotathara(108) names of particular God or Goddess. Before performing ashtotaram he does Archana with Tithi, devotee name, birth star, Gothram, and also with family member names for the welfare of the entire family.
The Agni takes the offerings made by the devotee and the Purohit. As a part of the ritual, at the end of this puja special items are offered to Agni like food items, ghee while chanting Vedic Mantra.
Maha Mangal Aarti
The Astavedha Seva has done along with the Vedic chants. The camphor aarti, flowers, and Akshatha will be offered.
- My grandfather has been suffering with incurable chronic disease, one of our relatives told about pujaNpujari online priest services, and about the facilities of booking pandit before 1month. I asked pandit, he told to have dhanvantri homa which cures diseases, as the use of traditional herbs in homam helps to cure the diseases. As he said we followed the puja muhurat with all the facilities provided by pujaNpujari. Thanks for the services.vadiraj Jul 9, 2020
Puja performance rating
4.5 / 5
- Homam package with offers attracted me a lot. Pandit performed Homam with the puja material offered by pujaNpujari. I recommend to my relatives as well. Thanks!!!Prabhakar Dec 17, 2019
Puja performance rating
5 / 5
- Purohith suggested me to do Dhanvantri Homa for my health issues to solve. I am a resident of Bangalore. I dont have any idea where to perform. I approached PujaNPujari to perform puja on time. There everything is available through online.Thanks PujaNPujari for providing Better services.Mahesh Jun 10, 2019
Puja performance rating
5 / 5